Rig tension Vindo 50 ketch

Alles über Rigg, Segel, Segeltechnik, Segelsetzen.

Moderatoren: vindoede, Moderatoren

Antworten
tromp031
Schiffsjunge
Schiffsjunge

Rig tension Vindo 50 ketch

Beitrag von tromp031 » Mittwoch 20. Oktober 2004, 21:57

Who can tell me more about the rig tension on a Vindo 50 ketch

Mats
G Punkt
G Punkt

rigg tension

Beitrag von Mats » Freitag 25. März 2005, 23:29

Sorry, but I think nobody can really help you at the moment. I have a 50 ketch (since 5 months), but I can't get precise informations about the rigg tension. In this forum some poeple prefer softer tension because of the weak underdeck-construction. But I think this not really effective because the forces will come by sailing - the only solution is to strengthem the construction.
But maybe you can help me (us): Do you have a sailing-scratch or other scratches of your boat, or an original Vindö-Manual? The sailing-cratch which I get with my boat is from a sloop......restricted helpfull.

Many Greetings

Mathias

TomM
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von TomM » Samstag 26. März 2005, 05:13

Hi tromb,

sorry, I hve not seen your posting before. If you still look into our board you got an answer from Matthias.

What I do is trimm the rigg by keep the eyes on the rigg. During the first time I tryed as well to find some figueres by using a balance. But it doesn't really work.

Nowadays, I trimm the rigg in a strait position and turn the upper and lower shrouds, after I streched them by Hand, about 3 to 5 turns with tools.

After this i bring the mast with the front lower shrouds into a light bow. After this I havt o fix the upper shrouds ageim with (normally) 3 turns.

After this I do the rest while sailing, if a shroud becomes lose, I fix it with a half turn and do the same after I went "overstag" on the other side.

As Matthias told, it is almost a small Problem to use a to high rigg tension because our "old Ladies" became a bit weak in the inner construction an of cours the hav never been constructed for really high trimmed masts.

If you adapt the description for a V50, the the force you use is of course a bit higher - I make it on my V32 like I gave the description.
so long -> Tom

Wissen ist Macht - Macht nichts
(Heinz Erhardt)

tromp031
Schiffsjunge
Schiffsjunge

Re: rigg tension

Beitrag von tromp031 » Samstag 26. März 2005, 07:38

Mathias Böker hat geschrieben:Sorry, but I think nobody can really help you at the moment. I have a 50 ketch (since 5 months), but I can't get precise informations about the rigg tension. In this forum some poeple prefer softer tension because of the weak underdeck-construction. But I think this not really effective because the forces will come by sailing - the only solution is to strengthem the construction.
But maybe you can help me (us): Do you have a sailing-scratch or other scratches of your boat, or an original Vindö-Manual? The sailing-cratch which I get with my boat is from a sloop......restricted helpfull.

Many Greetings

Mathias
Hi Mathias,

I do not know the meaning of a "sailing-scratch" and nor do I posses a original Vindo-manual. Where i do know about is the weakness of the underdeck cobstruction, as the roof arooud the mast step is slightly (5 mm) lower then elswhere. It was vife years ago when I bought my vondo and did never change since that time. I think we heave to live with this fact.

Many Greetings

Hylke
ti

Mats
G Punkt
G Punkt

Beitrag von Mats » Donnerstag 31. März 2005, 23:15

Hi Hylke,

with scratch I mean a technical side-view-painting (picture) with the measures of the sails (in this case).

Ciao

Mathias

vindoede
G Punkt
G Punkt
Beitrag von vindoede » Freitag 1. April 2005, 10:36

Hi Hylke,

welcome here.

It´s the same like on all other toprigged Sailingyachts.

You will find a good advice here.
Selden
Gruss aus Flensburg
Heinrich

Antworten