Moderatoren: vindoede, TomM, Moderatoren

TomM
Administrator
Administrator
Re: Vindöforum läuft wieder

Beitrag von TomM » Montag 11. Februar 2019, 05:52

Russell hat geschrieben:
Mittwoch 9. Januar 2019, 22:59
Congratulations on restoring my favourite forum. The Irish winter nights are once more not so long.
Hi Russell,
What about the Irish activities? I tried for a long time to log in intos the Yahoo group. I got already a login in the far past but it will not work any longer. As fas as I know, and see (I get still the messages) there are a lot of English speaking owners maybe its not a bad idea to start an English part of our Vindoe-Forum. What do you think about it?
so long -> Tom

Wissen ist Macht - Macht nichts
(Heinz Erhardt)

Russell
Schiffsjunge
Schiffsjunge

Re: Vindöforum läuft wieder

Beitrag von Russell » Freitag 22. Februar 2019, 00:41

Greetings Tom
I would agree with you that the Yahoo forum is now so outdated and difficult to use that very few people seem to use it. It does never the less have some residual information which I feel it would be a pity to loose. This was my biggest worry about this forum as I contemplated the possible loss of all the collected information, not to mention the humour and good will which lubricates the cogs.
An english section to the forum sounds like a great idea so long as it is does not encroach in any way on the unique character of the existing forum.
The Google translate seems to be improving but I still have to return to the original German to view photos.
I have to say that since my son has recently fallen in love with a girl from Cologne I should be improving my own German.
Anna Karin is now in a shed in Coleraine where I carry out the anual repairs, and in April we will sail to Rathlin Island where she will be based for the summer. From there we will sail the west coast of Scotland and this year plan to visit my wife's family in Swansea in Wales. We also hope to have time to explore the coast of Donegal and visit Tory Island with some friends from Stornoway.
I keep the charts by my bed.
Russell

Antworten